Friday, June 15, 2018

Review: A Court of Frost and Starlight

A Court of Frost and Starlight A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Wow, this was such a nothing book. It was like a long, drawn-out slice-of-life that was totally unnecessary for the series. There were a lot of random things brought up, but none of them were resolved except for Feyre's studio. There was so much agonizing over gifts, but the actual gift-giving was fairly anticlimactic.
I bumped this up to 3 just because there was a running theme of how to get over trauma, coping mechanisms, etc. But it wasn't really gone into in that much depth, since the book was jumping between characters so often.
I'm not even going to mention SJM's terrible writing style again; at this point, it's gotten to soap levels of drama (unnecessarily of course).
Yes, I will probably read the next series, but I can't wait to move on to more interesting characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment